05 October 2017

morning woth elderly parents


It has been quite sometime since my last post. The Philippines has been through almost a year of Pres. Duterte, through the thousands killed in his anti-illegal drugs war. On the positive side, my elderly parents have been with me since they abandoned American life in the US some three years ago.

It's a great blessing that I now serve my father at 90 and my mother at 94, both still relatively well despite dad's poor heart condition and surfacing Alzheiner's and my mom's episodes of dementia.

Thus this morning, I again got pleasure serving them neat Filipino breakfast. Not opulent as the photo shows, but somewhat unordinary for the rhythm and variety: puto at dinugan, suman, and lugaw. That's Filipino breakfast any Filipino elderly would like after waking up to a part of the day they often find hard to ascertain without asking me or the kids in the house.


No comments: